The New Hanover Township Authority is the owner and financier of the Wastewater Treatment Facility and the Sanitary Sewage Collection System for New Hanover Township. The Authority's Board is a five member, staggered term Authority authorized by the Authorities Act of 1945 of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 2943 North Charlotte Street, Gilbertsville, PA 19525-9718 at 6:30 PM on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Click here for full calendar of meetings
Current Authority Board Members
Duties and Responsibilities of the New Hanover Township Sewer Authority:
- Provides and owns the wastewater treatment facility and the sanitary sewer collection system and leases same to New Hanover Township for operation and management.
- Provides the Authority’s vision for an innovative and resilient sewage collection and treatment enterprise revolutionizing the recovery of valuable resources for sustainable communities.
- Coordinates with New Hanover Township on the appropriate treatment scenarios and engineering protocols for best long-term utilization of the sanitary sewer plant and the collection system.
- Finance all upgrades and expansions of the sanitary treatment facility and the collection system.
- Provides oversight of the operation and maintenance of the plant and collection system.