NEW HANOVER TOWNSHIP RECREATION Please direct all inquiries regarding Hickory Park Pool and recreation programs to 610-652-2720. Applications, sign-ups etc. may be submitted at the Recreation Center, 2373 Hoffmansville Road, Frederick. Thank you!
Board of Supervisors Meeting - July 13 beginning at 6:30 pm
Planning Commission Meeting - July 8, 2015 beginning at 6:30 pm
GIBRALTAR ROCK ZONING HEARING - August 6, 2015 at 6:30 pm.
US Sports Institute Camp - August 10th - 14th - See the entire list of camps.
NHT Summer Camp Program at Hickory Park - Summer camp again will be offered by the Township and run by the YMCA. Openings left in the Second Session: July 6 thru July 24. This is a half day program that runs from 9 am till noon, Monday thru Friday. The cost of session - $60 dollars. No refunds will be given. Program sign-up at the Recreation Center only. Children 1st grade thru 6th grade are eligible.
Swimming Lessons at Hickory Park Pool - Children ages 5 and up. Level 1 - Orientation to aquatic environment; create a sound foundation for aquatic and safety skills; increase water comfort level; and introduce face submersion. Level 2 - Increase swimming skill competency; introduction to advanced strokes; practice safety and rescue skills. Session Dates: July 20 - July 30 or August 3 - August 13 Monday thru Thursday Time: Level 1 - 11:00 to 11:45 am Level 2 - 10:00 to 10:45 am Fee: $40 pool member $50 non-pool member (Price is per two week session) No refunds will be given. Program sign-ups at the Recreation Center starting April 1st.
*Public Works 2015* - The crew will continue fixing potholes and patching the roads. Please keep an eye out for them and drive safely!
Montgomery County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events - 2015 events and schedules for Household Hazardous Waste, Tire Collection, and Paper Shredding have been posted. There has NOT been an Electronics Collection Program scheduled for New Hanover Township this year. Please visit MontgomeryCountyRecycles.org for details.
Boyertown Wellness Council Survey - Link here - Let us know what you feel New Hanover needs most regarding recreation!
Yard Waste Composting hours - Drop-off site at Hetrick Gardens, 2620 Swamp Pike, Gilbertsville, PA - 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM Monday thru Saturday. Residents must register at office each time they drop off. Non-residents and contractors may also drop off yard waste for a fee.
SHOULD THE TOWNSHIP BUILDING BE CLOSED - if you need to speak with someone immediately regarding a Township safety issue, please call the Police Department at (610)327-1150. Thank you!
Like us on Facebook - New Hanover Township Recreation at the right of this page!
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYJob Description
Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator II/Operator Trainee
This individual will perform a variety of tasks required to ensure proper operation and maintenance of the WWTP facilities and collection system. The individual will receive training in the procedures used to perform job duties.
Supervision is received from the Wastewater System Superintendent. Assignments originate from the routine operating schedule, preventative maintenance program and specific assignments given by the Wastewater System Superintendent. Work is reviewed primarily by the Wastewater System Superintendent with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and safety procedures of the job performed.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator I and the Wastewater System Superintendent to make process control decisions to optimize treatment performance and permit compliance through laboratory examination, microscopic evaluation of microorganisms and knowledge of treatment.
- Maintain and calibrate process control equipment such as dissolved oxygen meters and probes, pH probes and solids testing equipment.
- Conduct analytical tests and analysis to ensure compliance with NPDES permit.
- Conduct daily DMR tests of Dissolved Oxygen and pH.
- Complete equipment checklist daily at the treatment facility.
- Basic troubleshooting of wastewater treatment plant and pump station equipment.
- Assist in repair of treatment plant and pump station equipment as needed.
- Cleaning pump station wet wells, floats and level sensors.
- Cleaning tanks and equipment at the treatment facility.
- Operate the Gravity Belt Thickener and Belt Filter Press
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment located at the WWTP, pump stations, and the collection system.
- Participate in Inflow/Infiltration investigation and repair including confined space entry.
- Maintain status as an operator in responsible charge at the treatment facility by completing the required continuing education for PA wastewater treatment operator license renewal.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the WWTP, pump stations and collection system.
- Work weekends and holidays as part of a rotation with treatment facility personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess, or ability to acquire within 1 year from date of hire, a PA Department of Environmental Protection Wastewater System Class B Subclass 1,4 Operator Certification.
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner with Township Personnel, Wastewater System Superintendent, Township Manager and the public.
- Basic computer software skills including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Knowledge of SCADA systems, PLCs and operation/maintenance software systems is desired.
- Mechanical ability sufficient to operate pumps, valves, motors including gas pumps and electric pumps.
- General knowledge of treatment plant instrumentation.
- Ability to accurately read, understand and record meter and gauge readings.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach above shoulder level for up to 75% of the day while completing operations and maintenance tasks.
- Capable of working with hand tools frequently throughout a full day while completing maintenance tasks.
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Able to properly use ladders along with other confined space equipment to enter wet wells, tanks and manholes. Also able to climb ladders for entrance to building roof for maintenance of exhaust fan equipment.
- Ability to perform manual labor and work in all weather conditions.
Send resumes to New Hanover Township WWTF, 2990 Fagleysville Road, Gilbertsville, PA 19525, ATTN: Gregory Rapp, Wastewater System Superintendent or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/10/15. EOE
Follow updates on Twitter and Facebook.
Tuesday, Jan. 13 & 27; Feb. 10 & 24; Mar. 10 & 24; Apr. 7 & 21; May 5 & 19; June 2 & 16 & 30, 2015
12 noon - 4 pm & 5-7 pm at New Hanover Township, 2943 N. Charlotte Street - go to www.mc-npl.org for additional information.
Publication of PSATS - learn about township government
NHT Open Records Policy
Township Manager and Open Records Officer - Kevin Tobias
Phone: (610) 323-1008
State Office of Open Records
Phone: (717) 346-9903
Disclaimer: The Township of New Hanover makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability of this information for your particular purpose, and that to the extent that you use or implement this information in your own setting, you do so at your own risk. The information provided herewith is solely for your own use and cannot be sold. In no event will the Township of New Hanover be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, consequential, incidental, special, or claim for attorney fees, arising out of the use or inability to use the information provided herewith.